1. For original stories, Author grants Publisher Exclusive First Worldwide Rights and Reprint Rights for the Work for digital and print editions of Sci-Fi Shorts related works for one year from the date of publication. The Author also grants non-exclusive use rights after the initial year of publication, for use on-site and all other forms of media and merchandise. For the rights granted to the Publisher in this agreement, the Publisher shall pay the Author as described on the site. All payments will be made through PayPal.
2. For reprint stories, Author grants Publisher non-exclusive worldwide publication rights to the Work for digital and print editions of Sci-Fi Shorts from the date of this Agreement. Reprint stories must not be freely available on the web. Publisher does not pay for reprint stories.
3. If Publisher fails to pay Author, all rights granted hereunder shall immediately revert to the Author.
4. Author may have the Work published in any format or language one year after the Work is first published with Sci-Fi Shorts.
5. Author grants Publisher the right to use the Author’s name and biography in Sci-Fi Shorts and in promoting Sci-Fi Shorts.
6. All artwork is copyrighted and owned by Sci-Fi Shorts. The author may not use, modify, print, create merchandise from, or sell any Sci-Fi Shorts artwork. Sci-Fi Shorts reserves the right to use published stories in part or in full for any merchandise, in perpetuity, even if the author's story is removed from Sci-Fi Shorts.
7. Author warrants that they own the rights to the Work, that said rights are unencumbered, and that the production of any publication or book does not infringe on any copyright, violate any property rights, or infringe against any existing agreement that they have entered into or are otherwise aware of. Author will indemnify the Publisher against any loss, injury, or damages finally sustained to the Publisher in connection with, or in consequence of, any breach of this warranty.
8. Publisher may make changes to the Author’s work to correct typographical, grammatical, punctuation, and other mistakes without conferring with the Author. Publisher will confer with the Author about any substantive or major editorial changes to the Author’s Work.
9. This agreement shall be construed and interpreted according to the laws of the state of Oklahoma in the United States, without regard to principles of conflict of laws.
10. If any portion of this agreement or any part thereof shall be found or determined to be invalid, it shall be severable from this agreement and the remainder of this agreement shall be construed as if the invalid portion or part thereof had been deleted from this agreement.
11. This agreement contains the understanding of the parties hereto, supersedes all previous oral or written representations or agreements, and may not be modified by either party unless such modification is in writing and signed by Publisher and Author.